New Lowe's store opens today in Winnipeg, Manitoba
Lowe's Canada celebrates the opening of its first Lowe's store in Manitoba
Boucherville, QC - February 15, 2018 — Lowe's Canada opened today its 64th store under the Lowe's banner in Canada. Located at 1799 Kenaston Boulevard in Winnipeg, this new store is the first Lowe's location to open in Manitoba. It represents a local investment in excess of $19 million and created 130 new permanent jobs with an additional 35 to 40 seasonal roles.
"We are thrilled to open our first Lowe's location in Manitoba today and to bring Lowe's exciting shopping experience to the Winnipeg community," said Guy Beaumier, Executive Vice-President, Lowe's Big Box. "Our exceptional service offering and extensive product selection are what makes Lowe's so unique. Our offer is tailored to meet all the home improvement needs of our DIY and contractor customers so we can help Canadians love where they live."
The Winnipeg Lowe's store features a retail offering space totaling 115,000 square feet, including 95,000 square feet of retail sales space and an adjacent garden centre of 20,000 square feet. To meet customers' every home improvement need, the store offers 40,000 products in-stock with thousands more available through special order and on Lowes.ca.
A Unique Customer Experience
The new Winnipeg Lowe's will offer a unique and exciting retail experience, including:
- An extensive assortment of top-of-the line appliances, including LG, Samsung, Bosch, Kitchen Aid, Frigidaire, Whirlpool and GE.
- A year-round selection of BBQ's, including top brands such as Weber, Broil King, Char Broil and Master Forge.
- A wide assortment of seasonal products for patio, holidays, Halloween, etc. (i.e. the latest fashion trends in patio, great selection of outdoor heating, etc.).
- A variety of snow blowers and other outdoor power equipment items in brands such as John Deere, Cub Cadet, Husqavarna, and Lowe's exclusive Kobalt brand.
- A broad selection of fashion plumbing, i.e. tubs, showers, toilets, vanities, sinks and faucets with high profile brands such as Kohler and Grohe.
- An extensive assortment of stylish home and outdoor décor, and home organization products for the house and garage.
- A wide range of building materials, power and hand tools to meet the needs of DIYers and contractors alike.
- Access to more than 100,000 products on Lowes.ca
Today, local dignitaries and Lowe's executives joined employees from the store to celebrate the grand opening with an official board cutting ceremony and community grant presentation. Lowe's Canada donated $5,000 to the Society for Manitobans with Disabilities to fund the purchase of equipment and help cover facility rental fees and admission costs for their Leisure and Recreation Program.
Grand Opening Events
Grand opening activities for the new store, where customers can enjoy free sessions, giveaways and contests, will continue until Monday. These include:
- Children's Workshop for families on Saturday, February 17 at 10 a.m.
- Giveaways including: Sprite shower filter (first 75 customers, Thursday only); Sylvania A19 LED 60-watt light bulb (first 1,000 customers, Friday only); $25 Lowe's gift card (first 200 customers, Saturday only) and a Bosch 32-pce Impact Tough screwdriver bit set (first 200 customers, Sunday only).
- Customers can also enter to win 1 of 4 prizes.
- Contractor exclusive VIP event on Monday, February 19 from 12 to 2 p.m. There will be a draw to win 1 of 3 $250 Lowe's gift cards and contractors can fill out a ballot to win 1 of 4 tool prizes. To register, contractors can call the store at 204.259.0470 and ask to speak with the Contractor Specialist to request an invite.
About Lowe's Canada
Lowe's Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 17 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2016 sales of $65.0 billion, Lowe's and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,370 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 290,000 people. Based in Boucherville, Quebec, Lowe's Canadian business, together with its wholly owned subsidiary, RONA inc., operates or services more than 630 corporate and independent affiliate dealer stores in a number of complementary formats under different banners. These include Lowe's, RONA, Réno-Dépôt, Marcil, Dick's Lumber and Ace. In Canada, the companies have more than 25,000 employees, in addition to nearly 5,000 employees in the stores of RONA's independent affiliate dealers.