New Lowe's store opens today in Red Deer
Lowe’s Canada celebrates the opening of the 62 nd Lowe’s store in Canada
Boucherville, QC – January 18, 2018 – Lowe’s Canada opened its 62 nd store today under the Lowe’s banner in Canada. Located at 15 Signet Close in Red Deer, Alberta, this new store marks the first Lowe’s location in the area. It represents a local investment in excess of $23 million and created 128 new permanent jobs with an additional 25 to 40 seasonal roles.
“We are thrilled to introduce Lowe’s exciting shopping experience to the Red Deer community,” said Guy Beaumier, Executive Vice President, Big Box at Lowe’s Canada. “Our objective is to be Canadians’ No. 1 choice for home-improvement projects and in 2018, we will keep growing the Lowe’s network throughout the country to bring our unique expertise and extensive offering to even more DIYers and contractor customers.”
The Red Deer store features a retail offering space totaling more than 103,000 square feet, including 86,300 square feet of retail sales space and an adjacent Garden Centre of 17,300 square feet. To meet customers’ every home improvement needs, the store offers 40,000 products in-stock with thousands more available through special order and online at www.lowes.ca.
A Unique Customer Experience
The new Red Deer Lowe’s will offer a unique and exciting retail experience, including:
- An extensive assortment of top-of-the line appliances, including LG, Samsung, Bosch, KitchenAid, Frigidaire, Whirlpool and GE.
- A year-round selection of BBQ’s including top brands such as Weber, Broil King, Char-Broil and Master Forge.
- A wide assortment of seasonal products for patio, holidays, Halloween, etc. (i.e. the latest fashion trends in patio, great selection of outdoor heating, etc.)
- A variety of snow blowers, and other outdoor power equipment items in brands such as John Deere, Cub Cadet, Husqvarna, and Lowe's exclusive Kobalt brand.
- A broad selection of fashion plumbing i.e. tubs, showers, toilets, vanities, sinks and faucets with high profile brands such as Kohler and Grohe.
- An extensive assortment of stylish home and outdoor décor, and home organization products for the house and garage.
- A wide range of building materials, power and hand tools to meet the needs of DIYers and contractors alike.
- Access to more than 100,000 products online at www.lowes.ca.
Today, local dignitaries and Lowe’s Canada executives joined employees from the store to celebrate the grand opening through an official board cutting ceremony and community grant presentation. Lowe’s Canada donated $5,000 to the Central Alberta Women’s Emergency Shelter to support their Nurturing Parent Program, which helps improve parenting skills and reduce childhood toxic stressors in high-risk families.
Grand Opening Events
Grand opening activities for the new store, where customers can enjoy free sessions, giveaways and contests, will continue until Monday. These include:
- Children’s Workshop for families on Saturday, January 20 at 10 a.m.
- Giveaways including: Bosch 32-pce screwdriver bit set (first 200 customers, Thursday only); Sylvania A19 LED 60-watt light bulb (first 1,000 customers, Friday only); $25 Lowe’s gift card (first 200 customers, Saturday only) and a Purdy paint kit (first 100 customers, Sunday only).
- Customers can also enter to win 1 of 4 prizes.
- Contractor exclusive VIP event on Monday, January 22 from 12 to 2 p.m. There will be a draw to win 1 of 3 $250 Lowe’s gift cards and contractors can fill out a ballot to win 1 of 4 tool prizes. To register, contractors can call the store at 587.457.2430 and ask to speak with the Contractor Specialist to request an invite.
About Lowe's Canada
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 17 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2016 sales of $65.0 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,370 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 290,000 people. Based in Boucherville, Quebec, Lowe’s Canadian business, together with its wholly owned subsidiary, RONA inc., operates or services more than 600 corporate and independent affiliate dealer stores in a number of complementary formats under different banners. These include Lowe’s, RONA, Réno-Dépôt, Marcil, Dick’s Lumber and Ace. In Canada, the companies have more than 25,000 employees, in addition to nearly 5,000 employees in the stores of RONA’s independent affiliate dealers.