New Lowe's store opens in St. Albert
Lowe’s Canada celebrates the opening of the 63rd Lowe’s store in Canada
Boucherville, QC – February 1, 2018 – Lowe’s Canada opened today its 63rd store under the Lowe’s banner in Canada. Located at 955 St. Albert Trail in St. Albert, Alberta, this new store marks the sixth Lowe’s location in the Greater Edmonton Area. It represents a local investment in excess of $18 million and created 137 new permanent jobs with an additional 30 to 50 seasonal roles.
“We have seen a great response from customers in the Greater Edmonton Area and we are thrilled to open this new Lowe’s location in St. Albert today,” said Guy Beaumier, Executive Vice-President, Lowe’s Big Box Retail. “Lowe’s unique customer experience and extensive product selection are what set us apart and we want to keep growing our network in 2018 to bring our offering to even more DIYers and contractor customers throughout the country.”
The St. Albert Lowe’s store features a retail offering space totaling more than 107,000 square feet, including 86,800 square feet of retail sales space and an adjacent Garden Centre of 21,100 square feet. To meet customers’ every home improvement needs, the store offers 40,000 products in-stock with thousands more available through special order and on Lowes.ca.
A Unique Customer Experience
The new St. Albert Lowe’s will offer a unique and exciting retail experience, including:
- An extensive assortment of top-of-the line appliances, including LG, Samsung, Bosch, Kitchen Aid, Frigidaire, Whirlpool and GE.
- A year-round selection of BBQ’s including top brands such as Weber, Broil King, Char Broil and Master Forge.
- A wide assortment of seasonal products for patio, holidays, Halloween, etc. (i.e. the latest fashion trends in patio, great selection of outdoor heating, etc.)
- A variety of snow blowers, and other outdoor power equipment items in brands such as John Deere, Cub Cadet, Husqavarna, and Lowe's exclusive Kobalt brand.
- A broad selection of fashion plumbing i.e. tubs, showers, toilets, vanities, sinks and faucets with high profile brands such as Kohler and Grohe.
- An extensive assortment of stylish home and outdoor décor, and home organization products for the house and garage.
- A wide range of building materials, power and hand tools to meet the needs of DIYers and contractors alike.
- Access to more than 100,000 products on www.lowes.ca.
Today, local dignitaries and Lowe’s executives joined employees from the store to celebrate the grand opening with an official board cutting ceremony and community grant presentation. Lowe’s Canada donated $5,000 to the St. Albert Community Information and Volunteer Centre to help them promote volunteering opportunities with local youth.
Grand Opening Events
Grand opening activities for the new store, where customers can enjoy free sessions, giveaways and contests, will continue until Monday. These include:
- Children’s Workshop for families on Saturday, Saturday, February 3 at 10 a.m.
- Giveaways including: Sprite shower filter (first 75 customers, Thursday only); Sylvania A19 LED 60-watt light bulb (first 1,000 customers, Friday only); $25 Lowe’s gift card (first 200 customers, Saturday only) and a Bosch 32-pce Tough bit set (first 200 customers, Sunday only).
- Customers can also enter to win 1 of 4 prizes.
- Contractor exclusive VIP event on Monday, February 5 from 12 to 2 p.m. There will be a draw to win 1 of 3 $250 Lowe’s gift cards and contractors can fill out a ballot to win 1 of 4 tool prizes. To register, contractors can call the store at 780.544.5830 and ask to speak with the Contractor Specialist to request an invite.
About Lowe's Canada
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 17 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2016 sales of $65.0 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,370 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 290,000 people. Based in Boucherville, Quebec, Lowe’s Canadian business, together with its wholly owned subsidiary, RONA inc., operates or services more than 600 corporate and independent affiliate dealer stores in a number of complementary formats under different banners. These include Lowe’s, RONA, Réno-Dépôt, Marcil, Dick’s Lumber and Ace. In Canada, the companies have more than 25,000 employees, in addition to nearly 5,000 employees in the stores of RONA’s independent affiliate dealers.